Graduate Marketing Intern for Events/Social, CRM & Digital (18 months in 2 areas) on a Fixed Term Contract
The Graduate Marketing Intern role provides an opportunity to develop in two of the following areas within the Marketing Department:
- Events & Social
This role is ideally suited to a candidate who wishes to work in an exciting and diverse organisation. The successful candidate will spend 18 months working within two of the above areas and be responsible in the first 18 months for supporting the CRM Manager in the ongoing day to day development tasks to support the needs of the CRM function. Further responsibility to develop and run national email and direct mail marketing campaigns across prospects and conquests audiences, assist the CRM Manager in delivering communications to customers during the ownership life cycle including Customer Dialogue Programme as well as support lead management programmes ,co-ordinate fulfilment activity including new dealer/ termination letters and brochure requests, co-ordinate the outbound call centre resource by monitoring and optimising results for call centre outbound conversions and provide ad-hoc support to the CRM Manager to support critical GDPR compliance.
The second phase of the programme will be to support one of the areas above.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
As our ideal candidate, you’ll be passionate about developing a career in marketing and the automotive industry.
- Do you have a Degree in Marketing, Analytical or Business subject with a minimum of a 2:1?
- Do you have strong analytical, administrative and organisation skills, with great attention to detail
- Do you have experience of Events and or Corporate Social Media?
- Are you familiar with Social Media Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube?
- Do you have effective interpersonal and proven team-working skills?
- Have you had any Budget Management experience?
- Do you have strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task and plan your own workload?
- Do you have good commercial acumen?
- Are you capable of working to tight deadlines and able to work under pressure?
- Do you have strong skills in all areas of Microsoft and specifically Excel?
- Are you an engaging presenter?
- Are you generally a strong Communicator?
IN RETURN WE OFFER:
Our nimble culture gives responsibility to people at all levels and in doing so we promote personal growth and development. With responsibility comes achievement and we like to share and celebrate individual success stories. With regular Employee Days as well as a variety of social events we relax and celebrate successes outside of the work environment. With a staff attrition rate of less than 5% we’re proud that we must be doing something right.
As a non-hierarchal organisation, all employees are entitled to the same range of benefits, irrespective of position. All employees are eligible to join the Mazda Purchase Scheme and to choose a car from our range as well as the opportunity to take advantage of joining our salary-sacrifice Company Group Pension Scheme, with the company doubling your contribution up to a maximum of 10%. You can also choose to join our comprehensive BUPA travel and medical cover scheme and every employee is entitled to 26-days holiday per year.
Other benefits include a fully funded Life Assurance Policy, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, access to GymFlex, Techbenefits and the Cycle Scheme – everything you need to make your work/life balance as positive as possible.
If you answered yes to all or most of the above questions and want to join Mazda’s journey to challenge convention to make things better, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by COB on 30th January 2019.