We use your personal data for the following purposes and we are allowed to do so, on certain legal bases which are outlined below.
- Legitimate Interests – We are permitted to process your personal data below if it is based on our ‘legitimate interests’ i.e. we have good, sensible, practical reasons for processing your personal data which is in the interest of Mazda UK. To do so, we have considered the impact on your interests and rights, and have placed appropriate safeguards to ensure that the intrusion on your privacy is reduced as much as possible.
Our legitimate interest in processing the personal data below for the purpose specified is to provide you with useful services and information. We only use your personal data for the purposes specified and process personal data that is necessary for these purposes:
- Customer Requests – To fulfil requests you submit to us such a test drive, service request, brochure request or other type of request submitted through Mazda web platforms or app and will be transferred to your selected Mazda dealer or the Mazda My Way team to fulfil the request.
- Warranty and Roadside Assistance Services - If you have purchased a new Mazda vehicle, you will receive a Mazda Welcome Pack including a Mazda Roadside Assistance card and when you are nearing the end of the three years the Mazda roadside assistance and warranty service provider will communicate with you to let you know the options available to you at the end of this period.
- Service history – Mazda UK provide a secure online database, where your entire service history (inspections and services) is stored and you will receive vehicle service reminders (based on mileage provided at each service) to ensure you are aware of when your vehicle is due its regular service.
- Security Etching – This is provided for new car owners only, to assist you by deterring vehicle theft and cloning as well as improving the chances of recovering stolen vehicles.
- Vehicle and product quality support – To fulfil services relating to vehicle warranty, technical inspection and resolution support as well as to support product quality and development purposes.
- Customer Support – We will use your data in order to provide customer support and administration to process any goodwill claims and to resolve any complaint or queries.
- Network Dealer changes - We will update you on changes to our dealer network, where relevant.
Our legitimate interest in processing the personal data below with its respective purposes is to provide effective customer relationship management:
- Dealership and Product Research – We will use your purchase information to understand you better as a customer, find out what you think of our services delivered by the Mazda dealer network and our vehicle range to ensure we understand how to deliver an exceptional customer service and product range.
- Quality and Training – We will track and record voice calls and retain live chat records for quality and training monitoring purposes for our dealer network, the agency providing live chat services as well as our Mazda UK Customer Relations Team, if you contact us via those channels
- Marketing analytics, website improvements and personalised communications – we will use your data (some which may not identify you directly) on our website and app platforms in order to monitor visitor numbers, engagement levels in order to improve website services, to ensure you receive relevant and personalised communications as well as to review the effectiveness of our marketing to help improve the services we provide.
- Warranty and Roadside Assistance services: If you have purchased a new Mazda vehicle, Mazda UK will process your warranty related data (which includes Vehicle Information) in order to fulfil the warranty and free of charge roadside assistance for 3 years (from the original date of the registration of the vehicle).
- Mazda unlimited mileage warranty and pan-European roadside assistance: If you have purchased a used Mazda vehicle from a Mazda authorised dealership we will process your warranty related data (which includes Vehicle Information) to provide you with 12 months of Mazda unlimited mileage warranty and 12 months pan-European roadside assistance.
- Marketing Communications - Where you have given us consent to do so, we will get in touch to provide you with information on relevant Mazda UK products and services as well as latest news such as all new models, promotions and events. Don’t worry we won’t bombard you and you will always have the option to opt out of any further marketing communications. (See How you can amend your preferences later)
- Market Research – we will contact you from time to time to invite you to participate in market research studies such as mystery shopping or other types of research.
- Push notifications – if you have registered for the My Mazda app, you can opt in to push notifications for example to remind you there is a service due on your car.
- Registration of your vehicle – Your data will be inputted into the Registration system in order to register your car with the DVLA.
- Recalls – If we are legally required to carry out products recalls, we will use your contact details to contact you to inform you of any relevant recalls.
- Requests from authorities - We will share your personal data with the police, other law enforcements or regulators where we are required by law to do so.